Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas and all it entails

Chirstmas week is here.  Like many of us I am not ready.  I am done with stores.  I have not really spent any time in them the past few months, at least I have not spent time in them for Christmas presents.  I have spent some time in them for supplies, to make presents. 

My family has always be a bit frugal.  It come from growing up in a fmaily with four children.  We have never had a lot of money.  We have had what we've needed.  I have had years when I got just what I've wanted.  Some years I got more than others.  A few years ago my whole family were out on their own and all of use were going though a tight spot. We had the "un-Christmas".  We just did not give gifts.  We got together and celebrated and we had a fine time. 

Of late we have chosen to do Christmas simple.  We each give a few gifts.  We try to make them meaningful.  Smaller is better.  It make for a very nice time.  You don't have to "find a place for it" when you bring your presents home.  I like it a lot better and I hope this time of crisis for the country leads to more people finding the true meaning of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment